The Nutrition Clinic in a Nutshell
In a society dictated by hectic schedules and demanding workloads, little or no time is spent on preventative health and wellness. This taxing trend has led our culture to replace physical activity and healthy eating with convenience foods and sedentary lifestyles. The Trainers at Brighton Personal Training take pride in offering superior service through the Nutrition Consulting and Weight Management Clinic. The programs are designed to provide each client with the most modern scientific information available.
Beliefs and Goals:
First and foremost, the Trainers at Brighton Personal Training believe in an open door policy. The services are available to everyone (clients and non-clients) in need of nutritional education and lifestyle changes. The Trainers will even come to you in your home or office/corporation. The goal is to help you understand your body, how it functions, and what nutrients it requires for your specific age, gender, and food customs (ethnicities). The Trainers at Brighton Personal Training will help you reach your goals both personally and professionally.
Obesity rates have doubled in adults and children and tripled in teens over the last twenty years. Two-thirds of Americans are now overweight or obese. Diabetes rates have risen 60% in the United States over the last decade and half of the cases are due to weight, poor diet and lack of physical activity. Cardiovascular Disease is the leading cause of death around the world today. CVD is a collective term used to describe the diseases of the heart and blood vessels such as atherosclerosis, hypertension and coronary heart disease. Truth – The Truth is that the Trainers can personally help you prevent and treat these diseases through good nutrition and physical activity without the use of medication. Trick – The Trick is learning how to create good healthy habits and develop positive lifestyle changes.
Whatever your goal may be, in order to achieve long term success, one must “learn” the proper steps needed to achieve that goal. Otherwise, success is only temporary.
Through the services and amenities offered, Brighton Personal Training is one of the most complete Nutrition and Weight Management Clinics in the United States.
An Educational Approach to a Healthier Lifestyle
Here are just a few samples of what Brighton Personal Training has to offer:
- Meal Planning – Acquire the proper balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats while maintaining an adequate caloric intake.
- Nutrient Intake Analysis (NIA) – Identify nutritional inadequacies by monitoring normal intake before deficiencies occur.
- Goal Setting – Set realistic and obtainable goals for your body type.
- Body Fat Testing and Circumference – Determine the percentage of lean body mass in comparison to body fat mass and loss of inches.
- Food Label Education – Learn to read past all the marketing gimmicks at the grocery store so you know exactly what to purchase.
- Dining Out Guides – Eat smart, even on the go!
- Journaling – This will teach you accountability and raise food awareness.
- Food Exchanging – Using the diabetic food exchange list, you will learn to swap foods in your meal plan while maintaining composition.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) – Specifically designed Medical Nutrition Therapy Programs help individuals recover from and manage Bone, Muscle and Soft Tissue Injuries, and Chronic Conditions, Diseases and Disorders.
- Grocery Shopping Tours – Take a private or group tour at your favorite local grocery store to learn the dos and don’ts of shopping.
- In House/Office – Yes, the Trainers will come to you! They will bring the same great services right to your home or office.
- Corporate Seminars – Have the Trainers do a presentation during your Health Awareness Week or any other time throughout the year. You pick the topic and they’ll present the information!
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) – Many individuals are forced into sedentary lifestyles and weight management problems due to bone, muscle and soft tissue injuries, and chronic conditions, diseases and disorders. MNT can aid in the prevention and rehabilitation of the following Bone, Muscle and Soft Tissue Injuries.
MNT can also aid in the prevention and treatment of the following Chronic Conditions, Diseases, and Disorders.
The Certified Professional Personal Trainers, Exercise/Fitness TherapistsSM and Nutrition and Weight Management Specialists at Brighton Personal Training can not only take care of your medical nutritional needs but your physical rehabilitation needs as well – all right on sight in a state-of-the-art Health, Wellness and Fitness facility. Brighton Personal Training is recognized and approved by the medical field, insurance companies, the Workers’ Compensation Board and self-insured corporations.
Totals for Success
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
|Transtheoretical Model (Stages of Change)
Nutritional Screening and Assessment
Robert J. Bovee
Certified Master PPT, E/FT, MES, RTS, ETS, FTS, LMS, WMS, HWFS, SNS, SSCS, PSCS, PRCS, AAS
Rick D. Bovee
Certified Master PPT, RTS, ETS, FTS, LMS, WMS, HWFS, SNS, SSCS, MES, E/FT, PSCS, PRCS, AAS
Certified Master PPT, RTS, ETS, FTS, LMS, WMS, HWFS, SNS, SSCS, MES, E/FT, PSCS, PRCS, Phy. Ther
Certified Master PPT, RTS, ETS, FTS, LMS, WMS, HWFS, SNS, SSCS, MES, E/FT, PSCS, PRCS